Fin in a Waste of Waters

"These moments of escape are not to be despised. They come too seldom....Leaning over this parapet I see far out a waste of water. A fin turns....I note under 'F.,' therefore, 'Fin in a waste of waters.' I, who am perpetually making notes in the margin of my mind for some final statement, make this mark, waiting for some winter's evening." (from Woolf's THE WAVES)

22 July 2006

The wisdom of Holly

My friend Holly is one of those people whose words you want to get in print, in text, on some sort of recording - in short, in some sort of PERMANENT form. I was lucky to have her on the phone for a short time this afternoon, and even this fleeting conversation was richer, perhaps, than the entire rest of the day.

Holly, you are going to write your memoirs and share this wisdom with the world, right?

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tessa, dear, you honor me, but I think my memiors would bore the worst insomniac right to sleep. Glad you called and we had the chance to connect. I sure miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home