Fin in a Waste of Waters

"These moments of escape are not to be despised. They come too seldom....Leaning over this parapet I see far out a waste of water. A fin turns....I note under 'F.,' therefore, 'Fin in a waste of waters.' I, who am perpetually making notes in the margin of my mind for some final statement, make this mark, waiting for some winter's evening." (from Woolf's THE WAVES)

21 October 2006

Relaxing a bit

So, usually I never give myself the time to indulge myself in these things, but I was tempted this time (especially since Rasheed & I are waiting for the rain to stop its downpour before we head to Apostrophe cafe for their amaaaazing green tea & more of Lawrence's Women in Love)...


1. FIRST NAME? Tessa

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last Sunday night (early Monday morning) at 1 a.m., doing more of that brain tumor research that you have to do, but hate to. Did you know that 50% of surgically treated lesions will recur & do so malignantly? Yeah, I sure as hell didn't.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yep.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Ew.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? This blog, and another written journal (which I've shamefully neglected in favour of this blog...)

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oof - don't think so...

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Marks & Spencer Deliciously Nutty Crunch. MMM.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Waste of time!

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? More than I'd like to be.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Don't eat ice cream; too much sugar. Though when I did eat ice cream, any variety of chocolate floated my boat!

14. SHOE SIZE? Anywhere from 6 to 8, depending on the brand of shoes.

15. RED OR PINK? Oooohh...BOTH.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Workaholic.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Lots of people...Mish, the Wall, D-Shof...lots of people.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Well, it's a blog, so they can't send it...but if you want to copy & paste into email & send it to me with your own answers, I'll take it!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? "Sex Out Loud" T-shirt (hot pink); Rasheed's shorts (yellow plaid). No shoes.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? My new favorite salad: amazingly tasty and healthy! Everyone try it! Brussels sprouts, steamed and quartered. Red onions, sliced & lightly sauteed in olive oil. Toss with walnuts, feta cheese & then dress with olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Mmmm.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Rain, and the sound of Rasheed's palms sliding across his prayer rug as he does his mid-day.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Pink?

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Citrus in the summer; vanilla in the winter...spicy stuff in the fall (cinnamon, etc), and in the spring...honeydew.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? I don't own a phone...

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT YOU THIS? She didn't send it (I stole it off her blog), but yeah I do!

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Tea: green. Or herbal infusions: lemon & ginger.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Dance.

29. EYE COLOR? Blue.

30. HAT SIZE? Umm...

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yep.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? All kinds! Right now...kalimata olives.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Whatever season I happen to be in.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? I want it all! At once, preferably!

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Pumpkin pie!!

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Probably Cheryl & Holly, my two best responders. :) Love to hear what you have to say, ladies!

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Anyone else who may or may not read this.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Women in Love (Lawrence), Salome (Wilde), The Yellow 90s (Jackson), The London Scene (Woolf).

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? No mouse - laptop.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? A Taste of Cherry, this Iranian film about a man who wants to commit suicide & is searching for someone who will agree to bury him afterwards - it ended....irresolutely. Someone else see this and tell me what you think!

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Rain. Otters (especially one little otter) barking. The sound of my feet - running or dancing. Or even more, the sound of tens and tens of dancers on a wood floor!

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Budapest.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? It's hard to decide for myself without sounding egotistical. Writing, I guess. Dancing, I hope.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Rockford, IL, St. Anthony's hospital. Where was I reborn? Same place. :)

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it from WoollyMutts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home