Fin in a Waste of Waters

"These moments of escape are not to be despised. They come too seldom....Leaning over this parapet I see far out a waste of water. A fin turns....I note under 'F.,' therefore, 'Fin in a waste of waters.' I, who am perpetually making notes in the margin of my mind for some final statement, make this mark, waiting for some winter's evening." (from Woolf's THE WAVES)

22 July 2006

Developments

Welcome to that crazy roller-coaster called love. Rasheed and I are now back together.

This morning, he looked really, piteously tired, so I asked him if he wanted some coffee (or "coffee drink" in his case - he's not ready for the real thing yet, but we're working on it). And he asked me: "Why are you still so good to me?" And then sort of realized that he has been distanced lately, and that he should take better care of me, and wants to try.

I am moving to Brighton on my own, though, while he moves back to the States to live with his brother in St. Louis. I'll be back for a couple of weeks around Christmas/New Year's time, and he'll come visit me, as well. I think this will be good, or, in the words of his cousin's husband: "Studio apartments are relationship suicide." That, and apparently masters theses and seizures.

So here we go!

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh. Ah, love. I'm so glad. You know if you need any moral support in the area of long distance relationships you can count on me. (And for anything else.) I have to admit that I was rooting for Rasheed, but wanting the best for you.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger cheryl said...

good luck girl!!! i hope it all works out for the best!!!! i want to come visit you in brighton! brighton on your own sounds like the best plan anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home