Fin in a Waste of Waters

"These moments of escape are not to be despised. They come too seldom....Leaning over this parapet I see far out a waste of water. A fin turns....I note under 'F.,' therefore, 'Fin in a waste of waters.' I, who am perpetually making notes in the margin of my mind for some final statement, make this mark, waiting for some winter's evening." (from Woolf's THE WAVES)

19 January 2007

God's blessings

Today, in Victoria station, a bird shat on my head - no, more than my head, my face, from the side of which it dribbled onto the arm of my coat...

I told my roommates + honorary member Mike about it (all for a laugh), and these are their various responses:

1) He was aiming for you! (Mike)

2) It's good luck. Now your day can only go up. (Majidah)

3) Fuuuuck...! Shiiit! ("Yeah, that's exactly what it was.") In my country, they say that this is good luck. This happened to me once, and my friend said so. And I say, well, you can have this luck then. (Ivo)

4) It's God's blessings. ("Why?" "I don't know...it's just what they say.") (Efua)

Well, if God wants to rain His blessings on my head (or my face), I say: "Bring it on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home